Here in the GTA, it’s critical to have your asphalt repairs and maintenance completed before the winter weather ensues. It’s equally as important to have your driveway clean and free of tough stains all year round, especially during the summer months. Stains tend to accumulate during the summer and fall because of oil spills during oil changes, stains from decaying leaves, and shadows from mulch.
Read on to learn more about how you can remove mulch and oil stains from your asphalt driveway to keep it in pristine condition all year long.
How To Remove Oil Spills From Asphalt Pavement
Removing oil spills and fluid from vehicles can sometimes be arduous work. Fortunately, the West York Paving experts have some sound stain-removal techniques for you to try.
- Step 1: Try to absorb as much of the excess oil as possible before you start the cleaning process. Gravel, sawdust and even non-clump cat litter are all effective options for oil spill absorption. These materials can soak up virtually any liquid that cannot be removed with a simple rag or towel.
- Step 2: Sweep away the material you used and then spray the area with a hose to clean any remaining liquid. You can now use a cleaning solution to thoroughly remove and clean the stained area.
How To Remove Mulch Stains
As mulch stains are usually coloured, the cleaning process can often be much easier than cleaning an entire oil stain. Mulch stains can naturally wear away over time, however, if you desire immediate removal results, try the following techniques:
- Rinse the asphalt surface with water but avoid power washing as this can deepen the stain.
- Apply soap or a vinegar solution to the asphalt and scrub the area with a brush in circular motions.
- Rinse the soap or vinegar off with a low pressure rinse.
- If the stain is still visible on the surface, try removing it with a bleach solution of two gallons of water mixed with two cups of bleach. Scrub it into the stain in circular motions and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing on low pressure.
General Asphalt Pavement Cleaning Methods
Even if your asphalt driveway or parking lot does not have any visible stains, you should still consider seasonal cleanings to keep it looking and functioning in optimal condition. Here’s why you should consider hiring scheduled asphalt paving maintenance for regular cleaning:
- A clean looking driveway/parking lot enhances curb appeal
- Clean surfaces can help minimize pollution
- Routine asphalt maintenance and care helps prevent erosion
- Help deter rodents and pests from the driveway/parking lot
West York Paving offers residential and commercial asphalt paving services to ensure the structural integrity and aesthetic appearance of the asphalt driveway or parking lot. Providing superior asphalt paving support in the GTA, our paving professionals have the right expertise, experience, knowledge, and work ethic to get your paving job done efficiently and effectively. Get a quote for commercial or residential paving services today at https://westyorkpaving.com/free-quote/.