Once you have a newly paved driveway, the last you want is to see it ruined. The right maintenance will ensure this does not happen and help extend its new condition and beauty. While asphalt is very durable, it can break down if you do not care for it properly. If you want to prevent this from happening, be sure to follow these tips so that you can enjoy your newly paved driveway for a very long time.
- Do not park on your brand new asphalt driveway right away. Be sure to give it at least five days to settle, especially if it’s really hot outside. Even if the weather is cool, there’s no need to rush and you should still wait before you begin parking cars on it.
- Apply the appropriate maintenance that is required during every season. During the winter, you must shovel your driveway; otherwise, you will run into problems. During the summer, sweep grass off your driveway every time you’re done mowing your lawn because the seeds from the grass clippings can make their way into the tiny cracks present in your asphalt and sprout grass. This will not only ruin the appearance of your driveway but also causes the cracks to become bigger.
- If you do come across any weeds growing out of cracks or holes in your driveway, make sure you spray it with a weed killer or vinegar right away to prevent the crack from becoming larger. Whatever type of spray you decide to use, be sure that it is environmentally friendly.
- If you see several holes in your driveway, fill them in using an asphalt crack filler so that they don’t lead to more problems.
- Resealing your driveway is highly recommended, especially if you live somewhere that experiences very cold winters or very hot summers because your driveway will benefit from this procedure. With such extreme weather changes, it is recommended to reseal your driveway every year.
- Complete a general inspection of your driveway from time to time to see if you notice anything that requires immediate care or attention. For example, you may spot an oil leak and if this is left untreated, it will result in the deterioration of your newly paved driveway. A quick inspection will allow you to spot any issues right away so that you can take care of them.
Factors like heat, oil, sun, cold, snow and just your everyday wear and tear can all affect your driveway. Following the right care procedure will help and the professional work of West York Paving will ensure you get the perfect driveway that will last a very long time. Located in Toronto, these pavers will do the job right, so don’t waste time searching through different paving companies and deal directly with the best when you work with West York Paving!